One of the main causes that our teeth ache intensely is the inflammation of the nerve, and this is caused by deep decay. The dental caries or cavity is a hole in the tooth created by the bacteria found in the mouth. These bacteria tend to transform sugars into acids which dissolve enamel and dentin creating a cavity or hole in the tooth.
Once decay progresses, the bacteria reach the nerve inside the tooth and irritate the nerve, which causes an inflammation inside the tooth or tooth that is regularly accompanied by intense pain. As the decay progresses, the inflammation will grow larger and larger, to such an extent that the nerve will lose the ability to defend or recover. At that time the inflammation will become irreversible and cause a lot of pain. In cases like these, it is necessary to extract the nerve completely, that is, to perform a complete extraction of the tooth.
Natural Home Remedies for Toothache and Pain Relief
Here we brought some natural home remedies for toothache that help you to stop or minimize the toothache instantly by sitting at home.
Salt is an ingredient with an excellent antiseptic power that is capable of relieving toothache, caused by some abscess or infection derived from a broken food that remains between the teeth. The way to prepare this remedy is to dilute a tablespoon of salt, in half a small glass of water. Use this mixture to gargle after each main meal.
The alcohol that most alcoholic drinks have, can be used to a lesser extent as an antiseptic and anti-viral product, in this way we will quickly fight infections that happen in the mouth. The recommended treatment, basically consists of taking a small glass of some type of drink, you can try whiskey or rum. Gargle for a couple of minutes and spit it out.
Lemon juice is known for its antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and astringent properties. If we use it as a remedy we can prevent and fight different types of infections in the mouth. The recommended treatment is to squeeze the juice of a lemon, and apply it on the affected tooth. Another remedy can also be to mix the juice with a little table salt and gargle with this mixture.
Onion contains antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties that can help deflate the affected tooth. To prepare it we must cut a piece of onion, and place it directly in the painful area. Be sure to press it against the tooth to release its juice and promote relief. Onion juice contains most of its properties.
Other Natural Alternatives to Remove Toothache Naturally
You can also try following home remedies to reduce the toothache instantly
- Peroxide: Oxygenated water can be one of the best options when the pain of intense tooth is caused by an infection and there is even a bad smell. The remedy is to moisten a cotton ball in the hydrogen peroxide, and apply it directly on the affected area. You can also prepare a mouthwash by mixing a part of hydrogen peroxide with 3 parts of water.
- Water, Pepper and Salt: Pepper has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, which allow reducing inflammation and eliminating bacteria. To prepare this treatment you must mix a tablespoon of salt and a tablespoon of pepper in 1/4 of a glass of water to prepare a paste. Apply the paste daily in the affected area for 5 days. Although you notice rapid relief, it is best to continue performing this treatment for 5 days in a row.
- Mint or Vanilla Extract: Mint or vanilla extract has properties that can soothe toothache. For this remedy just apply a little of the extract of any of these two ingredients directly on the affected area.
- Linden oil: The oil essential Tilo is oil that has tremendous antibacterial and analgesic power. It is recommended to apply with the help of cotton some linden essential oil directly on the affected area.
- Apple Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar can be very useful to calm the toothache. Simply apply it with the help of cotton directly on the affected area.
- Potato: To the surprise of many who wonder what to take for the toothache, the potato is also a perfect ally for pain relief. Try it by placing a slice of fresh potato without skin directly on the affected area. The results will surprise you!
- Ice: When you have advanced tooth decay and an intense toothache, it is best to place some ice externally. To place it, wrap it in a towel or special plastic bag to avoid direct contact with the cold that can burn your skin.
- Floss: When the pain is caused by the accumulation of food debris, in addition to washing your mouth, you can try deeper hygiene, using dental floss.
- Aspirin: Aspirin is a medication widely used to relieve pain. In this case it is recommended to grind half of an aspirin tablet and mix it with a little water to prepare a paste, which you will apply directly to the affected area to relieve pain.
In addition to using these home remedies, it is important to keep these tips in mind that can help prevent toothache.
- Avoid sweetened or sugary drinks.
- Try to distract yourself by doing some physical activity, as doing so releases endorphins that act as natural calming agents.
- Maintain proper dental hygiene, using in addition to the toothbrush, dental floss and mouthwashes. These help reduce the chances of suffering complications in our teeth and gums.
- There is no doubt that one of the worst pains we can feel is the undesirable toothache. But now that you know how to remove the toothache quickly and naturally, you should not trust yourself, since is best to go to the dentist to fully remedy this discomfort.