Keratin is a substance that is widely used in various popular hair care products, it allows us to strengthen the hair, make it more silky, manageable and shiny. It can be used for every type of hair. The homemade Keratin has been gaining popularity as a product, which is mainly used to repair damaged hair, moisturize hair and remove frizz. Depending on how you use it, you can get more voluminous hair and even it helps to make it easier to smooth the split ends.
What is the Function of Keratin in the Hair?
The Keratin is a fibrous protein that has a lot of sulfur, so it is an important ally for our hair, skin and nails. Our hairs are built by keratin macro fibrils and thanks to it; it can double its length and protect the hair from inside, while maintaining the brightness and color of the hair.
These are some of the benefits that keratin brings to our hair:
- Deeply moisturizes the hair.
- Restores its vitality, shine and silkiness.
- Eliminates porosity by promoting the closure of cuticles.
- Eliminate frizz.
- It helps repair split ends.
- Strengthens the structure of hair.
- Reduces the bulkiness of the hair.
Benefits of Homemade Keratin
Homemade keratin promises to eliminate frizz and repair dry or damaged hairs, but it is important to mention that it cannot be completely smoothed out. If you have straight hair, you will notice that after applying your hair it will look even smoother and more manageable. If you have broken or curly hair, it will also help you make it more manageable, it has proteins that form films that adhere to the surface of the hair cuticle. Keratin penetrate deeply and helps repairing, giving protection and shine to the hairs.
These are some of its benefits.
- Eliminate Dryness: When you wash your hair too much, it may become dull and the ends open. With this treatment you will provide hydration to the hairs that eliminate dryness.
- Restore Brightness: Keratin helps to restore the natural brightness of the hairs.
- Straighten Hairs: When using this treatment, the knots will disappear; the hair will be smoother, softer and with defined curls.
How to Make Homemade Keratin to Straighten Hairs
The main ingredients of this treatment are used in different hair care treatments. But now you can learn to make keratin at home naturally and you will get very similar results to those provided by a professional keratin treatment, plus you will not have to spend huge amounts of money.
- 1 Sachet of Gelatin without Flavor.
- 1 Tablespoon Argan Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Aloe Vera Gel
- 1/2 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- Pour the gelatin into a bowl with half a liter of hot water and mix to completely dilute the gelatin.
- Add the oil, vinegar and aloe gel.
- Mix everything until it integrates completely; make sure you get the texture of a gel.
- Let it cool to room temperature and once cold, put it in the fridge at least 2 hours before using it.
- Wash your hair regularly with your daily shampoo and proceed to dry it.
- Apply the homemade keratin on all your dry hair strand by strand.
- Leave the keratin until completely dry.
- Once it has dried, you can iron your hair to give it a much more lasting straightening.
- Repeat the treatment at least 1 time every 2 weeks.